Help Us Design and Quote Your Irrigation System
A Simple Bucket test can be measured by timing in seconds how long it takes to fill a 9 litre household bucket.
1. Flow Test Method
To do this test, follow the steps below:
1. Collect a standard 9 litre bucket.
2. Choose a time before 9am or after 6pm to conduct the test.
3. Turn off all taps and appliances that may affect water pressure – (washing machines, dishwashers, etc)
4. Use the tap closest to your water meter and turn it on fully.
5. Place the bucket underneath and time how long it takes to fill in seconds.
Please download our planner to record your bucket size and time it takes to fill the bucket in seconds.
2. Planning, Measuring & Drawing
Using the grid paper, you can draw your property layout. Add as many features of your landscape as you can – Measuring each feature to scale is essential. Make sure you draw features such as:
- Lawn & Garden Areas
- Your Home
- Paved Areas
- Pools and Water Features
- Verandas and Patios
- Vegetable Gardens and Plants
Please mark the following details on the plan:
- Low Point (if any)
- Water source location & type
- If not Mains – Type of Pump:
- Don’t have one yet
- Type of pump
- All measurements (Write down length next to each line)
- Flow Rate: See ‘The Bucket Test’
- Soil Type at 100mm deep (Sand/Clay/Loam)
You will need to borrow a flow test unit if the system is running off a bore pump as a 9 litre bucket test will be insufficient.
Remember to email this form back to WA Reticulation Supplies on email@example.com and you will receive an obligation-free quote from us. Quotes on average take 14 business days.
WA Reticulation Supplies provide friendly and professional advice instore and by phone.
Need a free irrigation design and quote?
Note: The accuracy of our irrigation plan depend on the accuracy of your drawing, and any additional information. WA Reticulation Supplies are not responsible for any errors created by inaccurate drawings, dimensions, or specifications. Please ring and chat about your needs if you are uncertain.
Download this pdf, do the bucket test and map. Once complete please email back to WA Reticulation for your quote. All the details are on the pdf. Thank you.